Rest assured that at Pleasant Homes, the health and safety of our customers, our business partners, our employees, and their families will always be our top priority.
Business is far from usual this year, but we are adapting and finding new and innovative ways to help our home and cottage buyers, businesses, and our First Nations’ partners move forward – safely – in their building and buying journey. We recognize that we play a critical role as an essential service and we appreciate you putting your trust in us.
To keep everyone safe, we have modified the way we do business and we will continue to keep a critical eye on the way we are managing our health and safety protocols. Some of the protocols that we have in place:
- We have reduced our number of show homes to enable proper sanitization
- We have increased cleaning and sanitization, with a focus on high touch areas
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance to every home and inside the Sales Office
- When customer facing and unable to achieve a minimum distance of 6 feet, our staff will wear masks, and they have been trained in the appropriate use of face coverings
- Masks are available for customers upon request
- Offices are set up for physical distancing
- Visitor logs are maintained, and appointments are preferred
- Only one family at a time in our homes and homes are cleaned between viewings
- Facetime tours and Zoom calls are available
- Adding more content to our website to help you shop online
- On job sites, Hazard Assessments are completed daily, and virus protection is part of every toolbox meeting
As much as we always love to see our clients in person, please do not visit if you are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19, or if you are generally feeling unwell.
Links to learn more: